Brigadeiros (Brazilian Truffles)
With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, chocolates and sweet things are on everyone's mind. We have Conversation Hearts and Sanded Gummy Hearts in bulk at the store, but if you're looking to make something a little more personalized, these quick and delightful truffles are a lovely treat to share with someone special (or yourself!). When I was in Brazil, these two-bite morsels were present at every party, every event. It is not uncommon to find entire tables dedicated to different versions of the brigadeiro. Once you've got your base down, have fun experimenting with different flavours and finishes.
(click on the ingredients to add to cart!)Ingredients:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (or substitute with coconut condensed milk)
- 3 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp butter (for step three)
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- Combine condensed milk, cocoa, and first portion of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until thickened - you will be able to see the pot through the mixture for a couple of seconds with the pass of a spatula when it is ready.
- Remove from heat and let rest until mixture is cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, put sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Grease hands with a little butter. Use your palms to shape into small balls (about the size of a marble), and then roll in sprinkles.
- Place on your preferred serving plate and chill until serving.
Coconut, powdered sugar, pistachios, almonds, dried fruits, sea salt flakes, or anything your heart desires!
Add a comment